What is a dental crown?
When a tooth needs its shape, size, strength, or appearance restored, Dr. Charles Anonye may recommend a dental crown in York, Pennsylvania. A dental crown is a tooth-shaped covering that is placed over a tooth, where it will encase the entire visible part of the tooth. At Heritage Dental, we offer dental crowns for just $497!
Do I need a dental crown?
Our dentist may place a dental crown to:
- Keep a weak tooth from breaking
- Restore a broken or badly worn down tooth
- Hold a cracked tooth together
- Cover and support a tooth with a large dental filling
- Anchor a dental bridge
- Cover an irregularly shaped or badly stained tooth
- Cover a dental implant
- Improve the appearance of a tooth
How is a dental crown placed?
To place a dental crown, our dentist will first remove a small amount of the enamel from the tooth. Impressions of the tooth and those above or below it are taken so that your dental crown can be constructed. When the dental crown is complete, our dentist will check the fit and color. Once any needed adjustments are made, our dentist will cement the dental crown in place.
Please contact our dental office today to learn more and to schedule an appointment.